Total Pageviews

Monday, January 18, 2016

Game Technologies (Project 1: Prop 1 Blockout)

This month, one of the classes I'm in is Game Technologies. Earlier this month, you saw the three props I chose to model and compositions of the reference images (post here). The first prop I chose to block-out was the Zenith Radio (circa 1939). I modeled the radio in Maya, getting the basic shapes of the mesh ironed out. I then used Substance Designer to create all the materials necessary for the prop; such as wood, screen, plastic, bronze, and copper. I brought everything into Unreal Engine 4, and created a Glass material to apply to radio where needed. Last, I set up three point lighting by utilizing a key light, fill light, and rim light. This is a very basic block-out that I will work on in the future to achieve more realism and detail. Below is a comp of the radio in Unreal, along with the reference images used. 







No comments:

Post a Comment