Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Character Animation 1 (Strong Poses, Part 1)

This next project for Character Animation involved a lot of pre-pro work. The main goal of this overall project was to study strong poses in animations, primarily by working on silhouettes. To start off with, we did some concept work exploring different poses for several strong poses such as relaxed, fear, anger, happiness, sadness, disgust, and balanced. Below you can see the different poses I came up with for a set of exploratory thumbnails.


Next, I chose one of each of the strong poses that I thought would work the best and compiled them into a storyboard. I primarily focused on the silhouettes to try and pick poses that would best represent the desired pose.  

Next, I will be applying these poses to a corresponding model in Maya! 


No comments:

Post a Comment